Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Justified fury of Guildford Rd residents

I woke one day last week to a phone call from a very 'p**** off' resident. It was followed by an email from one of her neighbours. Similar complaint were received from other near by residents. My colleague Richard Hands hot footed it to Guildford Rd to investigate. All the folk were saying pretty much the same thing-namely that the night time road repairs had gone on well in excess of the times agreed and that the contractors had been excessively inconsiderate. This is unacceptable.  
A letter of apology has been sent from the council (see below) and I shall be raising the matter in all the appropriate forums

 GUILDFORD ROAD RESURFACING  (LATE WORKING TIMES)  

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that I have discussed your concerns with Councilor Hands regarding the above issue.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and disruption that you experienced as a result of late working. I can confirm that the works at the Roundabout with Lyndhurst Road did run over the expected time of midnight due to a shortage of material. The scheme was delayed which led to the sweeper cleansing the area later than expected to enable the roundabout to be safe when opened to daytime traffic. I understand that plant and machinery were delivered/removed from site at approximately 5am one morning. This is unacceptable and will be addressed with the contractor to ensure that this type of disruption is not repeated on future schemes.

I trust that the above is to your satisfaction and hope that the inconvenience you were caused was not too stressful. I have recently tried to contact you by telephone but would ask you to contact me on one of the above numbers if you would like to discuss this matter further.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.