Thursday, 25 August 2011

Ainsdale residents-what do you think about Pontins being used as student accommodation


My colleague Haydn Preece has written to Ainsdale residents to find out what they think about the new owners of the Pontins Holiday park being used as student accommodation Dear Ainsdale Resident. Here is the letter he has sent out:


Dear Ainsdale Resident

I was informed by the Southport Visiter on Wednesday that the owners of Pontins, Britannia Hotels are proposing to utilise the site as college student accommodation for Edge Hill University students.

As your local councillor I would like to seek your views on this proposal. Please do not hesitate in contacting me.

My immediate reactions are:

We have had major issues of noise from the site in the past and  noise would need to be carefully monitored.

Traffic flow from the site would be very different than it is at the moment.

Is the accommodation suitable for permanent residence?

Who will manage the site-especially concerning the relationship with Ainsdale residents?

On a positive note a cohort of students would boost the local village economy.

I have contacted Sefton Planning Officers who are yet to be officially informed and the proposals would be a change of use of premise which would therefore involve the Planning Department.

I look forward to hearing from you and representing you on this issue.


Your Ainsdale Councillor

Haydn Preece BA (Hons) PGCE, MA, Cert PDE, NPQH, MIfL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.