Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Nancy Seear and a robin

This is a somewhat random post. I've had a couple of photos on my phone for a while meaning to blog about them. The first is of the magnificent and formidable Nancy Seear. I was trying to find a decent photo of her on the internet to illustrate a posting about a meeting of the policy committee and the disastrous 'dead parrot ' .  policy statement. Frankly there were none. I was in the NLC for the first time in a long time to attend the Liberal History group meeting which included a contribution on Richard Wainwright by the author of his biography. The Church Commissioners were about to assemble in the Violent Bonham Carter Room for dinner as I walked passed I noticed a portrait of Lady Seear. I bring it to you now

The second is from the allotment as  is of a robin that perched on my spade and sang his heart out.

1 comment:

  1. If you google "Nancy Seear robin" of course the first thing which comes up is Birkdale Focus. A little further down you get the Internet Movie Database entry for Question Time 4th May 1989 which lists: "Robin Day as Himself (as Sir Robin Day)" and "Nancy Seear as Herself (as Rt Hon Baroness Nancy Seear". Did they think it was a costume drama with eponymous actors ?

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.