Thursday, 26 May 2011

Dickenson Court -serial cock up

I've got to know several of the residents in Dickenson Court over the months. Let us start at the beginning. One of the tenants contacted me because for number of residents they had was not enough bins. I took it up with the council and it was agreed that the 30+ flats they required an additional bin.
I thought that was sorted and filed it away in the done pile. I then got a phone call to say that the bin had not been delivered. I contacted the council who, it transpired, had delivered the bin to the wrong address. They promised to rectify the situation.

I thought this was now put to bed. Sadly a couple of weeks ago I met one of the residents who told me that the new bin had not been collected. Once again I got on to the council. The following week I met the resident again who told me that they had missed the bin again. I was getting very annoyed and so were they!

This morning was Cabinet and so I took the chance to speak to the man in charge. He went away promising to sort it. No sooner had Cabinet ended than I got a call from a different resident who told me that today was bin day and guess what? the new bin had not been collected.
I got straight back on to the person I spoke to earlier. I understand that the bin will be collected today, fresh instructions will be issued to the crew and an apology will be issued to the residents
photos by Lyn Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.