Monday, 17 January 2011

PETER GOES BLOGGING

My good friend Peter Hough, a great 'Victorian', has joined the swelling rangs of blogging  Lib Dem councillors in Sefton. There are now 8 active sites. Welcome Peter. I have added the site to my blog roll on the right hand side of this page.We all expect great things from Peter as in another life he is a successful author so we expect a very high standard ! He began by issuing the following release:


Cllr Peter Hough has just announced he has just launched his own blog site: peterhoughblog.blogspot.com



"Communication with residents is vital as a councillor. Whether its through knocking on doors, delivering newsletters, attending public meetings, holding surgeries, through the local media or by letter, phone and email - getting your message across is extremely important. People need to know who you are, and what you stand for. Blogging is the latest way of communicating your views to residents. It's a daily diary that is online and available for all to read.




"My blog won't be just an webpage version of the successful Focus newsletter we regularly deliver to our residents. It will be extra - topical and up-to-date. I've called the blog 'It's not just politics!' because the entries will cover anything I think may interest other people. For instance I've just put on a short review of the hit musical Scouse Pacific. But there will be much that is controversial too. I want to give residents a better incite into my views of the issues affecting us all in Sefton."

Photo: Peter Hough right with Richard Clien trying to get John Pugh's caera to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.