Thursday, 25 November 2010

Former Tory Leader who joined Labour annoys residents

The Crosby Herald front page records the sad failure of Les Byrom formerley of this parish (Dukes Ward Con) to gain  election as a Labour candidate in the long time Liberal ward of Victoria in Crosby miles from his home  in Southport. As the headlies says he was 'blasted' by local residents

A POLITICIAN bidding for re-election in Crosby has been blasted by campaigners after claiming credit for much-needed improvements to Victoria Park.


Cllr Les Byrom, who is standing in Victoria Ward in May, sent Labour Action Team pamphlets to hundreds of homes outlining how he had “led the campaign to get much-needed investment” into the community park.

But he and Bootle MP Joe Benton, who was also named in the leaflets, were told last night by voluntary group Friends Of Victoria Park: “None of the improvements are anything to do with you.”



Stan Hesketh, chair of the non-party political group, said: “I don't see any reason why these people should be claiming any recognition or success for improvements in Victoria Park.


“I don't even know these people and I have never met them at any meeting about Victoria Park or anything else.



“Cllr Byrom has certainly not led any campaign I am aware of.”

My colleague Mike Booth has more on the story

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.