Monday, 15 November 2010

Farnborough Road Schools – new Guardrails at Guildford Road

Pupils attending Farnborough Road Junior School should be safer on their way to school – thanks to new guardrails put up near the Guildford Road entrance.


 




My fellow councillor Simon Shaw serves with me on the Governing Body of Farnborough Road Junior School (he also serves on the separate Farnborough Road Infant School Governing Body).



Simon and I happened to be outside the Guildford Road entrance earlier this year and we were both horrified to see one motorist drive up onto the pavement right outside the School – just as pupils were coming out. As if that wasn’t bad enough, a few minutes later the driver decided to reverse along the pavement, just inches away from children.



Simon has been following up with measures to try an prevent this serious road safety hazard. His most recent success was to persuade the Council to fund the installation of extra guardrails on the school side of Guildford Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.