Wednesday, 15 September 2010

blocked grid overflowing and causing a terrible smell

I see I'm not alone with struggling to get flooding problems sorted. But I can report one small success this morning. The issue was raised with me by a resident who works in Tulketh St near the offending drain. I finally got a note  this morning confirming that action had been taken:


'Dear Councillor,

Further to your e-mail of 16th August 2010, regarding a blocked grid in
Tulketh Street, Southport that was overflowing and causing terrible
smell. ....... work was issued to the contractor on G2R123 to have the gully checked. 
On inspection it was found that the problem was on a private or pre-1936 drain connecting 
into the waste water interceptor, however, because it posed a health hazard I requested the
contractor to clear it, which he did.'



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.