Friday, 30 July 2010

Council Communications

It is not a secret that there has been a lot of dissatisfaction about the communication strategy of Sefton Council. Mark Bigley the Conservative Councillor for Ainsdale (until the recent elections) made a series of suggestions for improvement. Others of us have be frustrated at the failure of the council to exploit the possibilities of social media-by which I include things as basic as the website! We were still getting pleas to put out a full delivery Council Newspaper. Somethings went a head-before my time expensive video equipment was bought and films made which few people knew about and even fewer watched! Well when I asked for information no one seemed able to come up with any information.

Anyway as part of a political strategy to get things up to date we managed to get communications to report to one cabinet member -me. This is not the place to detail the trials and tribulations of getting policy in this area reviewed. There have recently been a series of departures from the council as part of the 'slimming down process'  and next Wednesday I am getting the first report from the new regime. For the first time I think that we might be getting somewhere! You can access the reports here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.