Monday, 12 July 2010

Conference should debate Trident

With all manner of public spending cuts coming our way and VAT going up, the logic of excluding Trident from a defence review does strike me as indefensible. Surely this is a proper area for the Conference in Liverpool to discuss? Liberal Voice has a bit this morning. If the level of deficit reduction is significantly greater than we at first envisaged and needs to be undertaken more quickly than we argued then surely we should also rethink this.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the motion we want debated:
    http://disgruntledradical.blogspot.com/2010/07/conference-to-debate-trident.html

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.