Saturday, 24 April 2010

Good news for Southport

I was out canvassing in Stamford Road this evening. Along the way we met several Southport FC supporters. We have all been waiting for the outcome of the appeal launched by Fleetwood FC against the scrubbing of the points gained against Farsley Celtic who have now folded and withdrawn from the league. At about 6.30pm I came across a supporter who was able to put us out of our misery-the FA had turned down the appeal. All Southport have to do tomorrow is to win at Eastwood to be champions. No pressure then lads.

It is amazing that it has taken days for the FA to make up their minds. You cannot help thinking that if this had been the Dog and Duck League this would have been sorted in a few moments.

The Visiter has the full story 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.