Friday, 16 April 2010

Frank Luntz 'instant response' data

I will not review the Leaders debate except to say Clegg won. I would say that it is worth looking at the Frank Luntz finding. Many of you will recall the work that he did Newsnight which showed ho well Nick Clegg and Vince Cable were received by the public. He was retained by the Sun to carry out his instant response techniques. You can see his report here. Clegg won he says -but you would not have guessed that from the Sun's report!

So Lib Dems won the Chancellors' debate and now the Leaders' debate. The challenge now is communicate directly to the electorate. The 'middle men' of the media have shown that they are unable to develop a way talking  about politics which includes the Lib Dems without being patronising or snide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.