Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Upper Aughton Rd -progress at last

This is one of those issues that we never seem to get sorted. A Housing Association-Servite-bought a site in Upper Aughton Rd Birkdale a decade ago.

(I should make clear that altho the site is in Birkdale it is in Kew Ward-in fact the boundary runs down the middle of the road. The real boundary between Southport and Birkdale is a few yards further north at the appropriately named Boundary Street)

Anyway Servite sat on this land and did nothing. A clear argument for Land Tax if ever I heard one. Last year Servite disposed of the site and sold it on to another Housing Association. Richard Hands and I went to the Leigh HQ of this new owner and were promised action. One of the milestones was to be a planning application submitted by Christmas 2009. Christmas came and there was not application. My heart sank, the residents contacted me, I contacted the Housing Association who sent me a reassuring letter. I have received lots of reassuring letters about this site but never any action.

Today is a red letter day. The Housing Association has submitted a planning application for18 new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.