Friday, 19 February 2010

Tories vote for First Class travel on Fire Authority


One of the things that so hacked off Nicholas Winterton was that councillors got first class travel. I was about to dismiss that as ill informed fantasy when word reached me of the Tory and Labour budget on Merseyside Fire and Rescue Authority.
My on the spot reporter-no other than Jack Colbert wites:
Libdems put forward a budget at today's Merseyside Fire Authority's meeting. Yes, you guessed it, Labour and the Tories voted against it and voted through 3.85% increase- the biggest Fire Authority increase in the Country!!! We put into the Libdem budget to reduce councillors allowances by 10%., stop first class travel etc - the Tories said we were being political!!
The Lab Con coalitions across Merseyside in Fire , Transport etc need close examination. I remember the torrent of abuse Les Byrom got on Tory websites when his expences were published. They really ought to look at some of their colleagues on these bodies.
photo Jack with Sir Ron Watson at the LGA conference

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.