Sunday, 7 February 2010

The Golden dozen

Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice Birkdale FOCUS has from time to time been included in Lib Dem Voice's Golden Dozen chosen from blog post during the previous week. They feature the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (31st January – 6th February 2010), together with a hand-picked quintet, usually courtesy of LibDig

This week Birkdale blog get three mentions-so thanks to all who contributed. The first posting owes much to David Bartlett of Dale Street Blues for his article about Vince's visit.

The second posting is again from Vince's visit when he reminded us about the abuse Charles Kennedy and others suffered at the hands of the rabble on the Tory backbenches when he opposed the Iraq War

And finally, and in a way most pleasing, was the nomination of Mark Pack for the most popular posting ever on the Birkdale Focus telling the story of the vicious civil war inside Southport Tories. Since writing that posting more mayhem has overtaken our Tories with more resignations from key members. I also understand that amongst those who have resigned in the past week are some of the best leaflet delivers they had-and lets be clear they struggle to hand deliver a leaflet. It is clear that Central Office money is being used to plug the gap and pay for delivery. I wonder if it is Ashcroft's 'Dirty Money'?

Anyway, thanks to all who contributed .

2 comments:

  1. I feel I need a very big flowchart to help me try to keep up with what's going on in Southport Conservatives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just the man-my fellow Birkdale councillor Simon Shaw. His spreadsheets are a legend.

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.