Monday, 16 November 2009

Police investigate another explosion in Birkdale

I recieved the following message from the police on Friday which, I hope answers the queries that have been raised with me:


Dear Councillor
I write to keep you informed of an incident, which occurred on the evening of Friday 13th November 2009.
At 1826hrs a call was received reporting an explosion having occurred in Selworthy Rd, Birkdale.
Upon arrival the home address of John Ball has been subject of damage. It is unknown how the damage has been caused but early indications would suggest that this damage has been caused by an explosive device.
This incident is a targeted attack and forms part of a series of incidents at this location.
The matter is currently under investigation and the area currently remains sealed off whilst evidence is recovered.
An extensive disruption plan has been introduced and as such residents will note an increased presence of police officers both at the scene and in the immediate area.
I find it difficult to offer words of reassurance to the local community given the recent events. What I can state is that all previous incidents were also targeted attacks at one specific house in Selworthy Rd. No other damage to property has been caused and no persons have been injured as a result of this and previous incidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.