Thursday, 5 November 2009

Fred does his bit


Fred has not made a lot of noise about this: but he spent several hours recently on a unicycle raising money for the armed forces, along with Billy and David Pullin and Julie manning the buckets. If you would like to donate please visit
I've been in London the last couple of days and I have been struck by how many young service men are out selling poppies. Fred is raising funds for those coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. What ever we think of those conflicts it should not deter us from sending a donation. The service men did not ask to be sent. I know that many soldiers have real concerns about our role in these conflicts. After the news from Afghanistan over the last week it is right that we should debate these issues . Do not use an concerns you may have from sending some money to Help the heroes from the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.