Monday, 16 March 2009

Control has just told me who you are


After a couple of hours this morning at a Governance working party I retired to a coffee shop to read the papers and take on some much needed caffeine. One gem from the letters page of the Guardian is worth recording:




It's hardly surprising that police cameras focus on journalists in
demonstrations (Report, 11 March); they focus on politicians, too. Last summer
my wife and I stopped at RAF Menwith Hill to support the weekly demonstration by
the Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases. In the middle of a
conversation outside the gates with a MoD policeman, filmed by a police video
camera from a distance, the policeman received a call on his radio. "Control has
just told me who you are," he told me. Perhaps they've got the whole House of
Lords on their database?


William Wallace Lib Dem,


House of Lords